With the winter olympics just around the corner, it is about time that journalists from around the world venture to Russia for the games, where they are expected to stay in the finest of hotels that Sochi has to offer. Well, apparently that’s a lofty expectation, so perhaps we should all lower our collective expectations for the winter olympics before they even start so that we are not disappointed. Here is a look at the conditions of the hotels that the journalists have checked into this week, and that the athletes will also be staying in. We salute them.
10. Scantily clad walls
9. Uncomfortably close bed settings:
8. There is some internet, but it might be a fire hazard.
7. Improperly installed toilet seats:
6. Oops, there goes the door knob.
5. The finest of curtains:
4. Peeing just got a whole lot weirder:
3. That’s if there is functional plumbing at all:
2. There might be a continental breakfast included except- EW, NAST!
1. Aaaand, you might have to shower in bottled water.